Greater Wellington Regional Council were upgrading their desktop environment from Windows XP to Windows 7 and their office platform from Office 2003 to Office 2010. Both the training and migration of staff needed to be well planned and executed to ensure an easy transition for staff.
What we did
- allfields designed a training package for the upgrade training
- Delivered upgrade training to all staff
- Developed all the training material – user guides, help sheets and Go Live day packs
- Provided go live support – on the ground floor walking
- Designed and delivered advanced training courses for staff to learn how to use the core features within the Office 2010 product suite.
allfields trained and supported the Council staff as they moved to their new Windows 7, Office 2010 desktop environment.
- All staff received training from the allfields trainers in preparation for their move to the new desktop environment.
- Being involved in the project team from an early outset ensured a robust training and migration plan which produced little impact for staff.
- Go-Live user issues/questions were able to be dealt with on the spot by the allfields support team so staff – allowing the HelpDesk to work on any technical issues and BAU.
- Being able to provide advanced courses for the more advanced users of Office on core features ensured staff were comfortable carrying out their day to day activities will little down time.