Palmerston North City Council were upgrading from eDocs 5.3 to Content Server. This was a significant all of Council IT project and this was also an opportunity to have PNCC IT Staff and IM Staff collaboratively work together on meeting deadlines and deliverables.
This was a neat project for allfields, being back 5 years after we helped PNCC implement eDocs, transitioning from Shared drives. It was wonderful to step back and see so many familiar faces.
What we did
- Stepped in to provide the Change Management when the incumbent project manager vacated the position.
- Developed the roadmap of change, based on the deployment order, we aligned this to the communications plan, getting the right comms to the right people at the right time.
- Ran discovery sessions with staff using the old system to drive configuration for the new system.
- allfields designed the entire training plan and delivery package.
- Developed all the training material – print and e-learning.
- Delivered training to all staff.
- Utilised our advanced scheduling software to enrol staff into courses and provide real time accurate reporting to managers
- Provided go live support, on the ground floor walking.
allfields successfully managed the transition of the Council's 500 staff to their Content Server.
- Being an integral member of the project from an early stage created strong relationships with suppliers and the Council staff.
- An effective change management and communications approach contributed to the success of this project.
- Staff were well informed throughout each phase of the implementation.
- We trained all staff on the new EDRMS solution – making it easy for staff to better manage and collaborate on documents.
- Go-Live user issues/questions were able to be dealt with on the spot by the allfields support team so staff – allowing the HelpDesk to work on any technical issues and BAU.
- allfields experienced staff actively wanting to engage in developing a system that worked for them and key processes.
- allfields were part of a hard working project team made up of Information Management and Information Technology staff, along with the vendor and ourselves.
- The project came in on time with all the stakeholders very happy with the success.
- PNCC are now well poised to take off with a modern ECMS platform that will only enable improved productivity through use of good technology.