Immigration New Zealand were transitioning all staff (onshore and offshore) across to a new desktop platform and EDRMS system. As the Immigration New Zealand offices are situated across the world we had to ensure that the equipment arrived as scheduled and data was able to be migrated either overnight or during a weekend. The offices had to be open for business the next working day.
What we did
- Developed and provided the Change Leadership services which included a migration and deployment roadmap.
- Provided all the communications, ensuring all staff were aware of what was happening and when – this presented some challenges as some staff did not speak/read English.
- Designed the training package and e-learning tools.
- allfields staff travelled to Shanghai, Beijing and Manila to manage the technical migration.
- Provided go live support and on the ground floor walking.
Close to 1,000 staff were successfully migrated to their new desktop environment and the Immigration New Zealand offices could open on time.
- An effective change leadership programme ensured a smooth transition for staff to their new desktop environment.
- A robust communications plan provided staff with key activities to achieve before migration – this was highly successful and contributed to an effortless transition for the staff.
- allfields worked alongside key suppliers to ensure that all public facing offices were able to open on time due to a well-designed training and migration plan.